Thursday, August 31, 2017

Day of Praise

Fri, 09/01/17, "Day of Praise"

All three kids have been home, but Cassidy is the last one about to fly from the nest tomorrow, which has made us pray, pray, pray for safe travel and reminded me of this devotional from my archives. 

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard his spots?" - Jeremiah 13:23

Some things, like leopard spots, can't change. But other things can change in a flash. Or as our Cabin Coach at camp last week said, "Life can change on a dime."

My daughter, Cassidy, and I were sharing our 6-hour, end-of-the-week, Daddy-Daughter-talk at camp on Saturday. Cassidy likes to have talks in the car. So we were driving in beautiful (translation "distracting"), northern California mountains on winding, narrow (translation "you better be paying attention") roads.

I ask Cassidy a profound Daddy-Daughter-talk question, "Where should I spit out this bad piece of the apple?" She moves a brown paper bag toward me so I can look down and spit.

Future memo to self: Looking down to spit out an apple while driving on a mountainous, California road is ridiculously more stupid than texting while driving on any road. 

Thank God for the angel that moved Cassidy to look up, to see the 150-foot cliff we were about to run off, and to say, "Dad!"

Friends, we were like "this" close, "life-can-change-on-a-dime" close to dying. 

A leopard can't change his spots, but life can change on a dime. So enjoy each moment, love one another, and as always...

Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment